Search This Blog

VISION:
Better Tomorrows' vision is that all communities are strong, healthy, and comprised of people who are self-sufficient and successful.

MISSION:
Better Tomorrows’ mission is to empower individuals, families, and neighborhoods to thrive.

WHAT WE DO:
The Better Tomorrows impact-driven social service model is aimed at fostering economic stability, educational success, healthy lifestyles and strong communities. By providing a continuum of direct support to affordable housing residents and the neighboring communities, Better Tomorrows’ place-based programming and case management build safe and nurturing environments and uplift youth, adults, families, and seniors.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Inspiration

My interpretation of an inspirational holiday photo (one of the categories for our Photo Challenge) is a stack of handmade holiday cards. These just make me SMILE!




You can win 5 of these cards by leaving me a comment! Click comments (below this post), type your message including your name then click post your comment. If you need help with this, PLEASE ask me! :)

Winner will be selected at random on Thursday December 10th at 4:30pm. The winner will be announced on the blog and their cards distributed before I leave for the day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My christmas inspiration was going
church on Christmas Day with my family. We would go to one of my
Aunts or Uncles houses. We would
say Grace, then have a great dinner. We also switch for each
season. Getting together was a lot of fun. With all my love and
best wishes.
pat. fogarty

Anonymous said...

My Christmas will be very special this year because of my special little guy. It will be his first Christmas and it will be great to see his face when he sees the lights.
I will have my whole family for dinner and that is very important to me.
Verna Overpeck
December 3, 2009 10:50A.M.




i

Jeanette Giberson said...

My daugher Sharlotte always makes every holiday exceptional just by her presence. We've always called her "Ms Holiday" because she enjoys each one and she especially enjoys Christmas because she loves giving gifts. She is one of our best earthly gifts...we are truly blessed.

mariecounterman said...

My parents were farmers and when Christmas came my father would go into the woods for a tree. In N.C. at that time there were few fir trees, so I remember a huge prickly holly tree with berries and lots of homemade ornaments. In 1949 we got electricity and Mom bought bubble lights that looked like candles. There was no gift wrap but we found a brown paper bag with nuts, hard candy,raisins and an orange inside on Christmas morning. There was plenty to eat because Mom had cooked for two days. That memory is inspiring to me.

Anonymous said...

This holiday season, as in the past several years that I have lived at
Shirley Futch Plaza, I am inspired
by the extradinorary acts of kindness and the "above and beyond"
actions of the staff at The Plaza!

Gail,Sue,Stu,Tommy and Sharlotte, in addition to their day-to-day
work responsibilites, make certain
the residents are:
*Surrounded with the beauty
of the season with holiday decorations
*Entertained with craft projects,professional entertainers,planned programs and delicious treats
*Keep us safe as possible
*Always have a smile on their face no matter what challange
is presented as they come up with a solution

Thank you for the inspirations that
help me "age in place". Happy holidays to all!
Judy Griswinski