Search This Blog

VISION:
Better Tomorrows' vision is that all communities are strong, healthy, and comprised of people who are self-sufficient and successful.

MISSION:
Better Tomorrows’ mission is to empower individuals, families, and neighborhoods to thrive.

WHAT WE DO:
The Better Tomorrows impact-driven social service model is aimed at fostering economic stability, educational success, healthy lifestyles and strong communities. By providing a continuum of direct support to affordable housing residents and the neighboring communities, Better Tomorrows’ place-based programming and case management build safe and nurturing environments and uplift youth, adults, families, and seniors.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Inspiration for the Photography Challenge 2011

Our little meeting on Thursday was the jump start I needed to head outdoors with my camera in hand! I bundled up and headed to Tom's Creek (Bushkill) and found inspiration everywhere. It was so much fun!

When I got home I digitally enhanced my pictures. The effects I experimented with were: Softened the edges, black & white, sepia, warmify, graduated tint and sharpen.

I am very happy with a handful of the pictures (I took over 100!) but I am going to share most of them so you can see that it takes many, many 'camera days' like I had to accomplish our annual goal of Photo Gifts!

I hope you have as much fun as I am capturing life with your camera.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY JANUARY PHOTO CHALLENGE PICTURES

1 comment:

mariecounterman said...

I've never been to Tom's Creek in the winter, only in the spring, summer and fall, but I have to admit it is at its most beautiful. Obviously well fit for man and beasts. Love them. Bob's got nothing on you now!