Search This Blog

VISION:
Better Tomorrows' vision is that all communities are strong, healthy, and comprised of people who are self-sufficient and successful.

MISSION:
Better Tomorrows’ mission is to empower individuals, families, and neighborhoods to thrive.

WHAT WE DO:
The Better Tomorrows impact-driven social service model is aimed at fostering economic stability, educational success, healthy lifestyles and strong communities. By providing a continuum of direct support to affordable housing residents and the neighboring communities, Better Tomorrows’ place-based programming and case management build safe and nurturing environments and uplift youth, adults, families, and seniors.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bookmarks

Today we made bookmarks. Too bad a couple people were finished and had left by the time I remembered to break out the camera. At least I got a few good pictures...







Using Microsoft Word we used text boxes to draw large, bookmark-sized boxes. Then we inserted a picture. Some used Google images (images.google.com) to locate pictures, others scanned in their own.

We put wording on our bookmarks and changed the font to our liking. Lastly, we chose coordinating card stock to print the bookmark on.

In true Sharlotte fashion we couldn't stop there. We laminated the bookmarks then enhanced them with a rivet and colorful ribbon.

They all turned out GREAT!

2 comments:

Carol said...

I had a good time making the bookmarker's but I miss spelled the word bookmark, I spelled it bookmaker. So guess I'm a bookie now.

Marie said...

I'm sorry I missed the bookmark making class but the next time I will be. Looks like a lot of fun and my Sally would look so cute on one.